Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fuel Tank





































The Fuel Tank was full of varnish because it had fuel in it for about 5 years.








I took it to the local radiator shop and asked them to vat it. They tried but said it could not be saved because it has baffles in it.








I disagree. I CUT IT IN HALF! What did I have to lose.








I looked to see which side the baffles were attached to. thenI drew a line all the way around with a straight edge an cut it with a cut off wheel on a 4" grinder.








once I had it apart I blasted it and poured Muratic acid in it.








DAMN it's looks great.








I Brazed it back together and took it to the radiator shop for a pressure check.








They found several pinholes and soldered it up for me.








It does not look great but it is functional and no one will ever see it.
















No comments:

Post a Comment